Saturday, June 6, 2009

Lucky

Spent the day yesterday with my friends Lynn and Tino and their two cutie pie kids. I was spoiled with a lovely sushi lunch and an evil Scores dinner. Got lots of tips and advice for my upcoming trip to Portugal (well, can I really call it upcoming when it's still 4 months away?). A wonderful day all around, and such a beautiful one.

My pal Lynn has mobility issues. She has made tremendous progress to be where she is now, it's incredible. But it's sobering to see how much of an effort even a short walk can be for her. And with daily reminders of brother dearest's struggles, I'm feeling very lucky right now to be in such good health. Instead of moaning about getting myself out for a walk on such a beautiful day, I'll be thanking my lucky stars that I get to indulge it what many others can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment