Saturday, June 13, 2009

Crazy Lady With Camera

I'm sure that's what the drivers and cyclists along Riverside thought this afternoon. I felt very self conscious taking pictures of strangers, I hope no one minded. My challenge to the girls for today was to take a motion shot with either the subject blurred and the background in focus, or vice versa. I'd been wanting to try the panning technique for a while now so I thought I'd give myself a kick in the pants and get it done.

For my first attempt, I'm happy with result. I managed to get pretty decent focus of the moving thing. Thanks lady, whoever you are, for making this shot special and thus my favorite:



It was a tough choice though because I also like how this one turned out. I'd call it "The Passing Lane":

2 comments:

  1. I think for a first attempt you did amazing Julie.Love the first shot too.
    This was hard but something I too wanted to try and I think the whole point of the challenges is to try something new and to learn something....
    Ok I haven't looked yet at what I got,fingers crossed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those photos are awesome! I love the blurry backgrounds. The one of the lady waving is too cute. I know the feeling of being self conscious while taking pics in public, but the nicest pictures tend to be produced from such situations, so I guess it's worth it. Hope you had a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete